Thank you for taking the time to visit my website.
First, a few things about me.
- I am a father to sweet, smart and crazy boy who is growing too fast.
- Grew up in the Philippines.
- Went to school in San Francisco for photojournalism.
- Worked at 6 different newspapers in 6 states.
- I am a Star Wars purist. (Han shot first.)
- I've taken pictures in a nuclear missile submarine.
- I've photographed presidents, real cowboys, Fortune 500 CEO's, the homeless and NFL stars.
- I love photography because it lets me tell peoples' stories.
My photojournalism professor once said, "Shoot a wedding like a riot and a riot like a wedding.” I took this advice to heart and try to keep it in mind every time I tackle an assignment. My aim is always to shoot from a unique perspective. I look for the things that make each situation and moment unique, and document personal experiences in a visually compelling way.
My love for photography stems from the opportunity it has given me to gain insight into people’s lives. I approach each photographic challenge with a curious eye and an open mind, be it a portrait session, wedding, news event, or a commercial advertising shoot. I know I've done my job when I am able to show the viewer something they didn't expect to see.
My work has been published in numerous regional and national publications, including the New York Times, USA Today, Golden Isles Magazine and Time Magazine. My commercial and corporate clients have included Southern California Gas Company, Sempra Utilities, Cision PR and Media, Fusionstorm, Community Connections of Jacksonville, Children's Institute Inc., Scott-McRae Advertising, Brenau University, and LISC Americorps. In 2001 my photojournalism work was honored with the National Geographic Magazine Award at the Eddie Adams Workshop and in 2008 I received two awards for excellence in photojournalism from the Georgia Associated Press.
After years of living on the East Coast I am now once again based in Southern California and available for assignments and commissions anywhere in the United States. If you can't come to me, I'll come to you.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 270-4849.